BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Home again...or not

I don't know where to begin about our trip home. Most of you know about the situation with Ben Ramsey's dad. We were so thankful the Lord orchestrated things so that we happened to be and hour and a half away from the hospital and were able to be with Ben and his family throughout that time of grief. It is a comfort to know that Tom Ramsey is with his Heavenly Father. From our time with his family, it was so evident that his life reflected the glory of the Lord. What a testimony that he taught his children so much and had such a wonderful relationship with his family. I keep telling Ben to concentrate on the traits about his dad that he respected so much. Maybe later Ben will let me post the "Tom Ramsey Top Ten Financial Rules" in his honor!
We left the hospital around 2:30 on Tuesday afternoon. We drove 9 hours to Kansas City. We then stopped at IHOP at 10pm for dinner. It was my first time. Let me just say, if you've been riding in the car that long, and you're married to an offensive lineman, IHOP can truely become a fine dining experience.
Back in the car, Thomas was fixated on sleeping in a tent at least one night. Thanks to Coach Scott REMINDING Thomas that I deserve better....we stayed at the Comfort Inn and I must say, as picky as I am about hotels, the sheets were AMAZING. End of story. The next day we headed South for a ten hour drive to Camp Desoto where I'd worked the summer after my freshman year. Some of the mishaps on this leg of the trip: waiting until 2pm to eat lunch at Cracker Barrel aka bad moods because of extreme hunger; our GPS taking us to a non-existent Chick-fil-A for supper; me beating my extremely competitive husband at "The Alphabet Game" right before we pulled into Camp. My good friend Emily Shuler hooked us up with a great cabin for the night. We slept with the doors open and could hear the little waterfall the entire night. Great sleep. The next morning Emily and Sarah Hurt fixed us breakfast at the farm that camp owns. Here are some of the newborn babies at the farm:


We FINALLY arrived home Thursday afternoon at 5:30. I immediately dove into the wedding festivities for my good friend Sarah Kathryn. A truely hilarious occasion. After SEVEN years of dating, Sarah Kathryn finally got to marry Jordan. Praise the Lord. Sunday I read a mindless book in bed from 1:30 in the afternoon until 6:30 that evening while Thomas played a video game. Maybe its just us, but we think we deserved the restful few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment