BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 24, 2009

We Should Just Stop Traveling



First things first: I woke up with fever the morning of the Boston College game. I am such a smart person when it comes to medical things such as this, I decided to take some meds and "ignore" my fever. It just so happened to be the day Clemson set a school record, and not in touchdowns or rushing yards: the game was delayed TWICE due to rain. Therefore, my fever only worsened and by Monday night, I had what was semi-confirmed to be H1N1. It was a horrible 2 days on the couch watching the only channel we get, WYFF 4. I can tell you ALL of the local happenings, things you do and do not want to know. I have been fever-free for 24 hours so this is a good thing.
One exciting development this week has been this bruise on Thomas' arm. This colossal thing popped up after the BC game. Supposedly Andre Ellington's helmet did this:

Ok the other exciting event happened Sunday morning. Thomas was scheduled to speak at an athletic retreat Toccoa, GA. By the time we arrived in Toccoa around 10:45am, we were driving 15mph. The streets were filled with rushing water. The retreat director called to tell us to turn around because the bridge to the retreat was under 4 feet of water. Being the stubborn folks that we are, we thought SURELY we could just wade across the water (all for the Lord right?!) When we arrived, this is what we saw:


If you look closely, you can see where the bridge is definitely under water. Being the determined York girl that I am--I rolled up my pants legs and attempted to wade across. Needless to say, I made it about 4 feet before I turned around. We got back in the car and this was what we had to drive through on the local highway:
This made me love the Camry even more. She was very trusty in these circumstances! Thomas began to panic for fear that we would get stuck in the car in Toccoa, GA. Therefore, he did what every trusty offensive lineman would do and he stopped to buy chips. 2 bags of them at that--just in case!

We are defintely thankful to be alive, but came to the conclusion that we should just stay home for the rest of our lives. Terrible things happen to us when we travel.


3 comments:

  1. Hilarious, Marge! I laughed out loud when reading this post. You should look into writing a football humor column. I'm sure the new O&W would fully embrace this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse swears that's a leg. I kept saying "no, that is the arm of Thomas Austin."

    You have one more trip to go, baby. DC or bust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have DROWNED!!! It makes me nauseous to look at those pictures! (Are you SURE that isn't a leg?)

    ReplyDelete