BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When it rains, it pours


Remember how Thomas' truck was in the shop for 3 1/2 months this past summer?? Well, we finally got it back about a month ago, and it still isn't back to normal. He was going to take it to another shop yesterday to get a second opinion, but never found the time. Well good thing he didn't take the truck, because someone pulled out in front of me yesterday and ruined the front end of the Camry! The best part was, the accident happened about 5 feet in front of the West End Zone, so every coach, player, secretary or anybody else who walked out of the WEZ saw me during the hour it took the police to write the accident report. Although I wasn't at fault for the wreck, the other guy moved his car so that others could pass by, so it looked like I was standing next to my car in the WEZ all alone because I had done something wrong. Everyone was coming over to ask me if I was alright, and someone went to get Thomas out of his meeting. It was chaos. The right front of my car is ruined and I couldn't even drive it, so I had to wait even longer for the tow truck. WHAT IS OUR LIFE?! Thankfully I can drive Thomas' truck, minus the fact that it shakes like a freak show every time you stop at a stop light.

In other news, we won against the #8 team in the nation in Miami on Saturday, in case you didn't already know. It was such an amazing game, Thomas even caught the ball for .25 seconds before realizing he would get penalized for being an ineligible receiver. The temperature at the game was only 84, but the weather said it felt like 104 and the humidity was 90%! It was exhausting for everyone involved.

The trip was hilarious for me as I traveled with 3 girls who date different players. We were planning to go to South Beach and see all the sights of Miami, but long story short, after our initial $40 taxi ride, we never made it to South Beach or even downtown Miami at all. We stayed where the team stayed at Shula's in Miami Lakes. Thankfully it had a great little downtown area and plenty of places to eat. So in order to make up for this trip to "Miami" in which we never saw the REAL Miami, we're hoping to play in the Orange Bowl on January 5th. You should come.

Here we are in our post-game bliss. I literally almost jumped on top of Thomas I was so excited.





1 comment:

  1. We were doing some jumping up and down here also. This poor old house shook! Our houseguests were startled by the sights and sounds. So glad you weren't injured. Maybe you SHOULDN't travel....not even a couple miles from the house. We're in for the Orange Bowl!

    ReplyDelete