BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 9, 2009

9x13 Appetizers

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but fajita night in our 3ftX6ft kitchen is CHAOS. Add to that the fact that these boys can put away TWO 9x13 appetizers every single week. Add to that the fact that 5 boys ate an entire appetizer before anyone else arrived and dug into the second before I could stop them. Thankfully my friend Brooke intervened and hid the second appetizer so when the rest of the guys arrived they could actually have some.



The aftermath:





This week I threw the appetizer into aluminum pans because the dishes are just too much to handle. The guys BEG me to make it every week and I can't let them down. It really is so easy for a large crowd, and not too bad for the arteries either. Here is the beloved recipe:





8oz. cream cheese, softened (I use fat free and they can't tell the difference)


2 cans turkey chili


2 c. shredded cheddar cheese





-spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a 9x13 Pyrex. Pour the chili on top. Spread the cheddar on as the final layer.


-bake at 350 for 20 minutes.


-be sure to cool the appetizer for about 5 minutes. Just ask Thomas' taste buds....



And last but not least, here is a picture of what the guys do post-fajitas.

Everyone sits around as four people play Mario Cart. I'm sure this is a load of fun for the four people playing Mario Cart, but for the rest of us its B-O-R-I-N-G. But for some reason, they all sit around and watch each other play anyway and yell and scream and make all the dogs in our neighborhood bark. So, I guess I'm the only one who thinks its boring.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I wish I was there to help feed the masses. I just love those guys! U are blessed to have so many to celebrate and unite!Love my Tigers! Mama Ram

    ReplyDelete