BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hot Coffee

This morning, I hit snooze 3 times and woke up at 7:35am in order to leave for work at 7:45am. I was obviously frantic as I got ready. I always drink my coffee and eat my p-nut butter toast in the car on the way to work, and this morning was a classic example. I quickly filled my thermos and shot out the door (at 7:48am, 3 minutes behind schedule) and went on my merry way to work. I confidently pushed the "open" button on my thermos like I do every morning, and 10000000000 degree coffee suddenly shot out of the straw all over the right side of my face, white shirt, and pants. You don't understand how hot it was. My face still hurts and it has almost been 3 hours. I was screaming and swerving and probably swearing. After things calmed down I was able to laugh about it and even take a picture of the cursed thermos for your viewing pleasure.
 In other news, I went to Jacksonville, FL this past weekend to run in a marathon relay to benefit breast cancer research.   5 of us drove down and stayed with some friends in Jacksonville Friday and Saturday night  and ran the race on Sunday morning. Since I was on the trip and terrible things happen to Thomas and I on trips, something terrible happened. One of our girls who was supposed to run leg 2 of the race became violently ill on Saturday night and had a stomach bug from 10:45pm until 3:45am. Not good for running, eh?? Obviously, we made her stay in bed and one girl ended up running 2 legs of the race. It was a complete blast and the race was so inspiring. I wept when I saw a breast cancer patient with no hair running the marathon and doing so at an amazing pace (way faster than any of us!)Our team completed the marathon relay in 4 hours and 11 minutes, but the 11 minutes was thanks to the relay bus driver who dropped our leg 3 runner off ONE MILE away from her starting line, so she had to sprint a mile to find leg 2 runner so she could begin her race.  We think we ran it in just under 4 hours not including the extra mile Katie had to run. Meanwhile, I had to sit on a park bench next to Jacksonville Beach for 2 hours while I waited for my leg of the race to start. I even slept on the park bench I was so bored. Overall, the trip was a success and our friend Stella is feeling much better after her traumatic stomach bug. We're even able to laugh about the bug now.

Here is a photo of our cool team t-shirts that we made. Each girl had different names of the back of her shirt of who she was personally running the race for. Sorry its a tad blurry:

And here is a photo of our team:

No comments:

Post a Comment