BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Caroline:)

     First of all: Happy Birthday to my dear friend Caroline Yarborough. I love her so much I decided to post this cute picture of her in the snow our sophomore year. She's the blonde. The other girl who happens to look miserably cold is my other dear friend Kelly Hunter, and it was HER birthday February 4th. And we had a new niece, Hannah Laura Foxworth, born February 3rd, so basically, February is a VERY BLESSED MONTH! 
      I know I haven't posted in a long time, and I'm sorry to the small handful of you who actually care. :) I have been staying really busy these days and Thomas and I have been back and forth a million times between Atlanta and Clemson. On one of my recent trips to Atlanta, this is what greeted me in the car:
Yes, it is a large man in a flannel shirt drinking from a gallon jug who happens to be my husband. Basically, the story goes like this: at the place where Thomas is working out, he read that someone his weight should be drinking two gallons of water a day. Yes, TWO GALLONS. So in order to achieve this goal, Thomas carries this gallon jug around with him and drinks one gallon in the morning and one in the afternoon. Very cool, I know. Believe me, going places in public together is only slightly embarrassing and only gets a stare from 99% of folks who see us.

The same weekend, we went to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola.  Both were places we'd highly recommend and we had a blast. We especially liked the drink tasting section of the Coke Factory where Thomas tasted almost all of 60 flavors available, including one he spit out and shouted to everyone around him "do NOT drink that, it tastes like an arm pit!" Again, he received more than one look of disdain. Meanwhile, I pretended I didn't know him.

And of course, we had marvelous BBQ with some friends at a cool place called Swallow at the Hollow. We highly, highly, highly recommend it if you're ever in the Roswell area! The chopped pork was amazing. So was the mac-and-cheese. And the fried green tomatoes.

Basically, you'll need to spend about 3 hours on the treadmill before you go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad YOU'RE the one that ended up with a lumber jack for a husband. MINE is so much more dignified:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled all the way through this. Of course, in Hawaii where I am right now, nobody needs a flannel shirt....So glad you're enjoying Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh your posts are hilarious Marge--love it. I actually was stopped at a light the other day and looked over to see a large man in a truck, chugging a gallon jug of water and it made me laugh. I thought Really? Except he wasn't wearing a flannel shirt =)...he may have huntig camo on, I can't quite remember...Nicole

    ReplyDelete