BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 11, 2010

The end of an era

Well, we are officially done with our obligations to Clemson Football. Saturday night was the football banquet where all of the seniors were honored and awards were given. I did my best and didn't even shed a single tear! All the seniors looked exceptionally handsome in their tuxedos as they sat on stage. Thomas got some impressive awards, including some strength award I totally wasn't expecting him to get and I wasn't even listening when they announced it. It is bittersweet to be finished with Clemson. We have loved our time here and have grown so much thanks to some amazing people the Lord has placed in our lives. However, we're excited about our next step and seeing where the Lord takes us! Congrats to my sweet husband for all his hard work for the past 5 years. 


Here he is with beloved Coach Scott, his offensive line coach for the past 5 years.  He has done so much for us and we are eternally grateful.    
                          
                                                       

In other news, we went into New York City while visiting Thomas' family. We ended up spending our last night with some friends of Thomas' parents who live within walking distance to downtown in a lovely town house. It was such a treat! We did have to sleep in these hilarious twin beds and I told Thomas not to sit on anything but the bed as all the other furniture were antiques and didn't look able to hold 310 pounds.                  
                                                  
We had a wonderful dinner at Docks on Third Avenue. Afterwards, our host asked us if we'd like a quick tour of Rockefeller Center and the surrounding area. "Quick" turned into an hour as he and Thomas walked entirely too fast for me to keep up and became engrossed in historical chatter while I got blisters from my shoes and the wind whipped right through my outfit in the single digit wind chill. BUT, it was all very interesting and it was fun to see the skating rink and the lights of the Rockefeller tree, and I guess I had a good time learning historical facts about NYC.
                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Marge I love how you put up all these pictures! They are wonderful esp of you and tom at the banquet!
    SK

    ReplyDelete