BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet Summertime


I absolutely love this time of the year as it brings so many fresh vegetables. The other night I wanted to make something special since Thomas had just gotten home, but I didn't feel like putting a lot of work into supper. I decided to tweak a dish my cousin Catherine shared with me, and it was amazing. Happy homecoming to Thomas!

Here is the recipe:

3 c cooked whole wheat penne pasta
1 T olive oil
1 zuccini, chopped however you like
1/4 c chopped green onions

1 clove of minced garlic
1 container cherry tomatoes
3 T chopped basil
handful of arugula
Parmesan cheese to taste
salt and pepper to taste

In a saute pan, heat olive oil and barely brown the garlic. Add zucchini and green onion and cook until tender. Add tomatoes and close lid, letting tomatoes cook until skin bursts. Add basil, arugula, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and pasta. Stir and serve immediately. 

I also served broiled fish on the side, but you could serve any simple meat that you'd like. 

2 comments:

  1. just made this for dinner...was looking for an easy dish with stuff from the garden. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! It's on the list. And PS, mall of America looks STRESSSFULLLL to me.

    ReplyDelete