BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 24, 2011

What? We're Moving! Again?

Well, we finally found a cute little house to rent in Houston. Hallelujah. However, the postal service probably isn't saying "hallelujah" as this will be the 6th time in the last 16 months that I've changed our address. I'm sure they think we are in the witness protection program or we're drug dealers or we're running from the law or something crazy like that. Once, a postal worker asked me if the move was "temporary" or "permanent" when I was filling out my paperwork. I glared at her and didn't even attempt to explain.

I've had to change our address in the following order:
1. from Clemson duplex to my parent's house while we were in limbo in Minnesota
2. from my parent's house to our apartment in North Attleboro
3. from apartment in North Attleboro to Danny and Stacia's apartment while Thomas recovered from surgery
4. from Danny and Stacia's apartment to our apartment in Foxboro
5. from Foxboro to our furnished apartment here in Houston
6. from furnished apartment to new house in Houston

And while I'm making lists, here is a list of the following things I will not miss about living in this furnished place:    

1. Having one knife with which to cut things in my kitchen
2. the African figurines
3. the awful suede couch that I've spent so many nauseated hours with
4. the dishwasher here is worthless. wretched. bane of my existence. cleans nothing.
5. the bad mattress here as neither one of us feel truly rested when we wake up  
6. the burners on the stove that smoke every time I turn them on, which in then makes me nauseated (and our new place has a GAS STOVE! so excited)
7. Black, brown, and beige decor makes me want to run screaming from the building
8. parking in a parking garage that makes me want to hyperventilate because I am terrible at parking and I'm terrified I will side swipe another car.

And of course I will leave you with 2 parting shots of the beloved African figurines. I have nightmares about them. These animals are attacking one another. WHAT. IN. THE. WORLD?



We'll be out of here in one week, but we're not counting.
                      

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret! Can't wait to see pics of the new place. I completely agree with your sentiment regarding those horrendous African figurines...they are so freaky!! Miss seeing you at League!

    ReplyDelete