BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Franklin

After we wrapped it up at the lake we headed to Franklin, NC to visit Thomas' Nana and Poppa who live right across the street from his aunt, uncle and cousin. They've moved since we visited last, and they have a great set up in two awesome houses. It was so good to be with each of them, even though Nana is pretty sassy and tells me what to do. (Nana, I hope you're reading this!) Once, when we were still dating, Nana whacked me on the hand with a knife because I was taking bites from a dish that I was preparing in the kitchen. She got all sassy on me again this time because I didn't like her pickled beets. I thought I politely proclaimed that they tasted like soil, but Nana didn't take too kindly to that. See, she's a sassy Nana, but we love her. 
                             

 Aunt Kim took us on a hike on part of the Appalachian Trail. Sadly, it was a really foggy morning so we couldn't see any of the view, but we saw plenty of wildflowers and we got a good workout in. Thomas was determined to beat Aunt Kim's previous time of one hour up the mountain. (He's not competitive at all) and we made it in 45 minutes. That would explain why we look a little rough in the photos!

We love you all in Franklin! Thanks for hosting us. 

1 comment:

  1. You are correct. Nana's beets do taste exactly like dirt. They always have. But I love them. It's so weird. Skylar loves them too.

    ReplyDelete