BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 29, 2011

Must Have Hydrangeas Always

Surely there will be hydrangeas in Heaven? If I had to live with only one flower for the rest of my life, it would most certainly be a hydrangea. Preferably an entire bed of them. I recently spotted some that were in no man's land and stopped to pick them. Actually, I made my friend Kara pull the car over and make sure no one was looking while I picked them. They are making me so happy every time I see them.



I also wanted to share part of this simple prayer from one of our favorite Puritan prayer books, The Valley of Vision.   I'm being reminded again that our time with the Patriots is in the Lord's hands and not our own. I have every confidence that Thomas can make the team, but the fact of the matter is the NFL is a game of numbers. If they need a player at another position, we could easily be packing our bags again. This prayer reminded me that a quiet spirit is all that I'm called to have. It is appropriately entitled "Resting in God."

O God most high, most glorious, 
The thought of Thine infinite serenity cheers me, 
For I am toiling and moiling, troubled and distressed, 
But Thou art forever at perfect peace. 
Thy designs cause Thee no fear or care of unfulfillment, 
They stand fast as the eternal hills. 
Thy power knows no bond, Thy goodness no stint. 
Thou bringest order out of confusion, and my defeats are Thy victories:
The Lord omnipotent reigneth.

Lord, help me, for I am often lukewarm and chill; 
unbelief mars my confidence, 
sin makes me forget Thee. 
Let the weeds that grow in my soul be cut at their roots; 
Grant me to know that I truly live only when I live to Thee, 
that all else is trifling. 
Thy presence alone can make me holy, devout, strong and happy. 
Abide in me, gracious God. 

2 comments:

  1. Marge, your tablescapes are gorgeous! I love photo #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, Thank you so much for sharing that prayer. It is one that I will surely revisit time after time. What peace to be reminded that our God's will for our life IS perfect. BTW: I agree with Caroline, I love your tablescapes too and your photo arrangement on the wall in the background looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete