BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pictures From the Cellular

This post is mostly for the entertainment of Caroline.  She always begs me to post more photos from my cell phone. This time I don't have any shots that I've secretly taken of folks who weren't looking, but I do have some other things that I've been doing with my time that may or may not interest you.

Last week, I was eating a chicken melt that I'd created at home. I used a piece of pre-sliced cheddar cheese. I took a few bites and first thought "wow, I sure can make a mean melt," then thought "wow, I knew this bread was stale and I figured toasting it would help, but I can barely chew this." I took another bite and realized the paper that separates each cheese slice was melted into my melt. And part of it was running through my digestive system. Am I losing my mind? Probably. So I snapped a photo to send to Thomas, who is needing some laughs while he is working hard at football camp. 

Have I ever told y'all how much I love the town square that is within walking distance to our house? There was a community yard sale the other day and it just made me happy. I think it reminds me of the gym lawn at Camp Desoto, one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. 

My friend Stacia and I spend most of our time together these days since our husbands are enslaved to football. We were at Kohl's last week buying some last minute baby items (for her) and I decided we should put these awful nightgowns on and take a picture to make our husbands laugh. It worked. We looked ridiculous. 

Stac seems to have found the perfect outfit to wear in the hospital after she delivers Baby W. It even has pockets. 

Stac and I also ran out to Cape Cod yesterday for the afternoon. I just love it there. We met up with my sister's mother-in-law and sister-in-law and had a late lunch at Sesuit Harbor Cafe. Their lobster rolls are to die for. 

This used to be one of my favorite things to cook for breakfast (Stella, are you reading this? CANADIAN BACON!) It is so simple and I've been revisiting it a lot lately. And it only has about 280 calories. I just heat a non-stick skillet for 2-ish minutes, spray with PAM, throw in one medium egg (I break the yolk because I don't like runny eggs), a slice of Canadian Bacon, and one of those Arnold sandwich thins with a slice of cheese. And I now double-check to make sure the cheese doesn't have paper attached to it. 

And I just had to throw this picture in for good measure. This is me with my grandparents when we were in York a few weeks ago. They'd come over for dinner and I needed a ride to my cousin's house. Papa said "well, jump in the truck and drive us Marg." So, my Granny was smooshed in the middle (giggling of course) while I drove. They are pretty darn cute! 

2 comments:

  1. I do believe these are my favorite of all of your posts! #1 being a true highlight.... miss & love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the one of you and G&P. And everyone is smiling. A treasure!

    ReplyDelete