BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Favorite Cookbook


I have a new favorite cookbook. I know, I know, I have a new favorite cookbook every week. But this one will really rank up there in my top 5. 
Yes, amid the slew of glowing and not-so-glowing reviews, I gave in to my desires and bought My Father's Daughter.  And I'm loving just reading it. I made two of her recipes tonight and am officially obsessed. I proceeded to put a star by every recipe that looked as good as the ones I made tonight, in hopes that I'll get in the kitchen and create all of the yummy goodness. 
 I'm currently spending the weekend at my sister's house (hello last minute super-cheap Southwest flight!) and we all were pleased with our dinner of Chicken Milanese (very similar to Ina Garten's Chicken Parmesan ) with Slow Roasted Tomatoes on top. People, Slow Roasted Tomatoes have turned my world upside down, backwards, sideways, and right side up again. My friend Margaret (love her name!) of The Savory Sister told me about roasting tomatoes for 8 hours on 250 degrees, and I thought it was revolutionary. The fact that Gwyneth Paltrow agreed with her put me over the edge, and we tried them tonight. I only roasted for about 3 hours on 275 (she calls for 3-5 hours in the book) and they were perfectly juicy to go with the greens. She uses them in many of her other recipes in the book and rest assured, I will be trying all of them.

So, if you love yourself and you'd love perfectly roasted tomatoes of your own, go buy the book. And Gwyneth, you can pass some of the proceeds my way if you feel so inclined.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if her book was any good. I have actually been thinking about buying it too.

    ReplyDelete