BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baby Gia

Our friends Danny and Stacia had a beautiful baby girl on Saturday, and Danny called me in to the hospital on Saturday night for back-up. He had to return to the team hotel/practice, and poor Stacia was having a bad reaction to her medication. So, here I sit three days later feeling like this hospital is my second home. I'm really going to miss my little pull-out bed with the scratchy blanket and plastic pillows. 

But really, I've had so much fun getting to know baby Gia and helping Stacia, who is an awesome mom. I'm going to have withdrawals after Stacia's family gets here! 
Baby G and I on her first day of life. She really loves me. That chair I'm sitting on turns into a little bed. Comfortable and multipurpose. (kidding)

 What a sweet little family! They really are great parents. Poor Danny has only gotten to come for about 45 minutes the past two nights. Oh football.....
 I have become a master swaddler. One might say I am obsessed with swaddling. I've watched multiple videos on YouTube about swaddling and even said to Stacia at 2:30am "it's like a game to me. I want to be the best swaddler there is. I guess I am a little competitive after all." This fish blanket made by Swaddle Designs is by far the best swaddling blanket. I got carried away and bought three more of them for baby Gia last night. If you'd like a swaddle blanket of your own, this one is called the Marquisette Swaddle Blanket. It is so soft and made out of this fabulous gauze material. I think I may buy one for myself and, oh I don't know, sleep with it at night? Wrap it around my head as a towel? Use it as a scarf?

We're all headed back to our respective homes today, so hopefully we can get some rest without nurses and doctors coming in 60 times a day. Three days in the hospital was long enough for me! 

3 comments:

  1. congrats to danny and stacia on the new baby! i feel like i know them from all of your stories... and marge, you're a fabulous friend!

    as a complete side note, i think that's the type blanket the best diapoos are/were(?) made from... SO see?! it is addictive!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best!! I will miss you so much! You are a real ANGEL sent from the south. :)

    Kesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Midwifery is your calling. Don't fight it.

    ReplyDelete