BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

Church Girl

We got to go to such a fun Broadway show called Church Girl at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta on Friday night. We've actually never been to the theatre together so it was a fun "first." It felt like watching a Tyler Perry movie on stage...and if you know us, you know that we LOVE Tyler Perry movies. The crowd was interactive and LOUD and we had such a blast. The music was phenomenal gospel music and it really felt like a little taste of heaven.

Afterwards we went to Baraonda with every intention of just getting drinks and ended up having the most delicious {real} pizza and an appetizer at 11:30 at night. It was such a fun treat!

In other news, {there isn't much lately} my mom and I made a delicious salad the night before Thomas and I left York.


My cousin is running a CSA through The Bush-N-Vine in York, and he gave us some of the leftover lettuce from this week's basket. It was some of the best lettuce I've ever tasted. And I'm not exaggerating. We also used fresh figs from my mom's garden. Delicious!

Here is an attempt at a recipe for our salad:

half a head of red leaf lettuce, torn
a few handfuls of arugula, torn
8 fresh figs, sliced lengthwise
1/2 of an apple, chopped
sprinkle of feta cheese, or goat cheese would be good too

dressing:
2 T each of white balsamic vinegar and olive oil
1 tsp each of honey and Dijon mustard

Whisk quickly and drizzle over salad. Add fresh cracked black pepper. Toss salad and serve immediately.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for supporting my dreams, no matter what. I couldn’t ask for a better partner. To get more information online medicines from order online.

    ReplyDelete