BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In the face of this chaos

Last night as I drove to pick Thomas up from the airport for what seemed like the millionth time, I listened to this song by Andrew Peterson on repeat. I laughed to myself thinking about how I never would've planned our life to look this way when I said "I do" 2 years and 3 months ago. Someone told me recently that they'd been to a wedding and it made them scared to think of what a commitment marriage is. I couldn't agree more, and I think it is right and good to be scared of marriage because we should view it as sacred and for a lifetime. But I also think that it is a terrifying place to ever be able to say "I'm ready for marriage. I know what it takes." I think it is encouraging when couples are able to simply say "we don't know what this will look like, and we know we'll never be 'ready' for the storms of life, but no matter what the future holds, we are laying our lives down for one another."

As we've been in this crazy period in our lives, I've been talking to older couples and I realized that each one of their stories is highlighted by the unexpected. Life never goes as we plan, and I think the most important thing I've learned is to be able to say "Lord, my life is totally and completely Your's. I trust that You know best and my job is to simply enjoy the days You have given me, no matter what they bring."

This song seems to encapsulate my thoughts, and I included my favorite lines here. I pray that whether you are single or married, you will be encouraged that our sweet Savior knows the future.

And that is enough to enable us to sail through the storms.

Dancing in the Minefields
Well ‘I do’ are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I’ve heard is a good place to begin
Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down
And I believe it’s an easy price for the Life that we have found
Cause we bear the light of the Son of man
So there’s nothing left to fear
So I’ll walk with you in the shadow lands
Till the shadows disappear
Cause He promised not to leave us
And His promises are true
So in the face of this chaos baby
I can dance with you

So lets go dancing in the minefields
Lets go sailing in the storms
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields
And kicking down the doors
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields
And sailing in the storms

Oh this is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that’s what the promise is for
That’s what the promise is for

2 comments:

  1. so, so true, margaret!! keep dancing in those minefields together....we're doing it too, ours just look different. we're proud of the two of you! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought I couldn’t love you more, you did that. Thank you for being so amazing! To get more information Online pharmacy from online medicine store.

    ReplyDelete