BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A few of my favorite {cheap} things

I love clothes. I specifically love clothes that are affordable and can be bought with a $20 bill or less. I've been an avid reader of InStyle for many years {much to my mother's horror} but I love to use it to get ideas and then go buy the cheap version of what they suggest. I decided to dedicate a post to a few of the things I'm obsessed with lately, not only because they are trendy but because they are MAJORLY wallet friendly. And believe me, wallet friendly is important to us these days as we have no idea where/when our next paycheck will come.

 Don't judge me, but I own a pair of jeggings. I know you are probably judging me because I used to judge jegging-wearers too. But I realized that as long as they aren't worn in the wretched way they are worn on Clemson's campus {with Uggs or with a t-shirt that doesn't cover up the buttocks. Or worse: Uggs AND a buttocks-baring tee}they can really be cute. I have a great pair from Old Navy that I got on sale for $15. They aren't on sale right now but if you're patient and persistent, you too can enjoy the stretchy fabric but look like you're wearing skinny jeans. But please, only enjoy while wearing a shirt that touches mid-thigh or below.


My next favorite thing is this tee from Target. The Target across the street from our temporary home in Minnesota {aka hotel room} has them for $5 this week. I have one in grey and THREE in white. Yes, you read that right. Because you can wear this tee when you workout, when you sleep, when you cook, and you can easily dress it up. It is AMAZING. If you're like me and you regularly buy men's Hanes t-shirts, these are better. Softer. And stronger. They do run a little small though so I buy a size up from what I normally wear.

Just don't wear it with your jeggings.


Next on my list is the adorable jewelry from Forever21. I went recently with my sister and bought a great assorted charms necklace. I wear it almost every day. With my tee from Target.


And last on my favorites list is thanks to Mary Gene who posted some of her favorite sunscreens and face lotions a few months ago. It made me start looking for a good night cream and I started using this one from Oil of Olay. I found it for 50% off and it smells amazing and makes your skin feel so soft. And hopefully in 10 years I will see the results of the anti-wrinkle aspect.






Oh, and I can't forget my friend Kristin's earrings at Lydia Beaded designs. And she's having a sale right now too! Check her out.


1 comment:

  1. MARGE!!! I got a shout out!!! And I LOVE those earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete