BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Even more cellular photos

I don't know why I end up taking so many photos on my phone rather than the camera...sheer laziness I guess, but I usually can't bring myself to delete the memories. So, lucky you, I choose to post them here for your laughter and enjoyment.

This one is from the beginning of our horrendous trip to Orlando. I never got to properly post about GETTING to Orlando. We can laugh about it now, but it was seriously a bad day trying to get out of Providence. Long story short, our original flight was cancelled, then uncancelled at the last minute and we were allowed to board the plane....all 4 of us that were left from the original list of passengers. Thomas was loving the fact that he got an entire seat to himself, and free drinks! 

This photo is also from our trip to Orlando. We'd missed our connecting flight at Reagan because of the previous fiasco, so I had to sprint to another airline and put our names on the stand-by list. But at Reagan, in order to get to the other airline, we had to go through security AGAIN. At this point, Thomas was in a wheelchair because all of the speedy crutching through the airport was starting to grow old. This must've alarmed the security folks, because he got a 15 minute pat-down. No joke, I was standing there waiting on him FOR.EV.ER. The security officer was so nervous and kept saying to him "ok, I will now place my hand on your right leg" etc etc. I think he thought Thomas was going to beat him up. Too bad I was the one wishing I could punch him so we could catch our next flight. 

I snapped this picture when we were in Orlando (we finally made it, obviously). Maggie and I looked over and found our husbands talking to each other like this. Should we be bothered by the fact that they love each other more than they love us? Tyler is still holding a grudge against me for taking his roommate away from him one year early at Clemson. Poor guy. 

This may look like a picture of my uncle's produce truck, but it is really a picture of the truck that moved all of our earthly belongings from Clemson, SC to my parent's attic. My sweet dad drove me to and from Clemson and we loaded that sucker up in less than an hour. Hopefully one day some more of the possessions that we transported will be here in Massachusetts with us. 

Remember that I packed my food processor in my luggage on my way back from South Carolina? It is serving me well. I'm making hummus, pesto, and pizza dough like a mad woman. I literally use it every other day. 

This photo was obviously not taken on my phone, but I had to show you the result of the food processor pizza dough. It was absolutely divine! Of course I use Mark Bittman's recipe for pizza dough, except I use 1 c. whole wheat flour and 2 c. plain. And check out that fresh mozzarella on top that my mother-in-law bought me! It really makes a huge difference.

Now, go forth and use your food processor.

3 comments:

  1. I use that pizza dough recipe exclusively. but i have a hard time getting the dough to rise. like every time i make it. talk to me about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-o pizza! Just looked through the pics of your new place- very nice! I am sure you are loving the space! And I giggled out loud reading about Thomas' pat down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this posts are my favorite. hands.down.

    ReplyDelete