BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 14, 2011

New Abode

We've officially finished our latest move and are really loving our new place. We look at each other quite a few times a day and say "I love this place, don't you?" I'm especially enjoying the fact that I now have my food processor, a full set of silverware and other miscellaneous items that I shoved into a suitcase on my way back north. Yes, I put a food processor and a full set of silverware in a suitcase. And checked my bag. It was 54.5 lbs and I ran from the scene before the airlines guy could realize I was 4.5 lbs over the bag limit. Hooray for having more than 4 forks, 4 spoons, 4 knives....you get the picture.

Endless amounts of counter space! This kitchen has more counter space than all of our other kitchens....combined.

I love this little nook above the sink in the kitchen. 

There is a great built-in dresser in the guest room, which works out nicely since we don't have one here. 

Our cozy bedroom. Please note that I also shoved the bed skirt into my luggage. I'd been missing it!

I'd like to give a special shout-out to Thomas Austin for spending many, many minutes figuring out how to install this curtain system from Ikea. Our windows are weird special and I could really find nothing that would fit them properly. Enter handy husband and you have these delightful curtains on a wire. 

Yet another fun built-in bookshelf in our bedroom. I love these thoughtful little spaces!

Bathroom with PLENTY of space for us to brush our teeth at the same time. Finally. 

We love our new space!

4 comments:

  1. It is so light! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the paint colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - the kitchen is really quite fabulous. Can't wait to visit!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete