BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A tree of...eggs?

I've been wanting to make a tree of eggs just like my friend Mary Gene ever since LAST Easter. I saw her blog post last year and longed for an egg tree of my own, but thought I'd never be so crafty as to do such a thing. But this week I decided I must have an egg tree, so I thought the perfect time to make one would be when we were babysitting our pastor's kids this afternoon. Aren't they adorable? And Thomas is pretty hunky too. 

Here are our eggs after the yolks had been blown out and the dying had begun. Up next: gluing the twine to the top of each egg. I used super glue. Worked just fine. 

Its perfectly safe to say that I am obsessed with the egg tree. I think it looks marvelous. Thomas made fun of me collecting sticks from the parking lot behind our apartment, but do I look like I care?

And as a parting laugh, please notice Silas there in the background. No clue what he was up to, but this was probably when Thomas was spinning him around on our swivel barstools and making him run in a "straight line." Don't ever let us babysit unless you're prepared for your kids to have fun. 

4 comments:

  1. MARGE!!!! I got a shout out!!! I LOVE your tree of eggs. So pretty and festive!! :) I think I'm going to have to make one again this year. Although, I almost burst a blood vessel trying to blow the yolks out. Oy vey. Love y'all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Oh man one time in kids church I was spinning silas and ellie around on the chairs and silas jumps down and runs for the door but after the first step he just goes crazy and ran into the wall. Oops. But he was fine :)

    Love the egg tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marge! You're crafting!!? I'm so impressed! Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! Men just don't get crafting and decorating - ignore his mocking! :) Anytime you feel like having fun with FOUR kids, just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete