BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 4, 2011

A birthday+a BIRTHday

I got a really, really SWEET birthday present last Friday. My newest nephew Finley Paul Rue was born at 9:08pm April 1, and the best part was that I got to be in the delivery room to welcome him into the world! Our brother-in-law Micah is serving overseas, so Thomas' sister Keri had asked me to be in the delivery room with her since I'm a "farm girl" and could handle it. I reminded her that watching a cow birth or death is a LITTLE different than watching a human being born into the world, but I went into the delivery room anyway. I really was fine with it (much to my surprise) and it was such a special time! Sweet Thomas was at home babysitting our niece Skylar and was a stellar uncle all weekend--he even attempted to assist Skylar in her potty training. Let's just say it didn't go so well.....

The labor and delivery crew: Thomas' mom, Keri's friend and myself. We were armed with every sort of documentation possible so that Micah wouldn't miss a thing!

Skylar was hilariously excited about baby Finley. She kept saying "I love my new baby brudder! He is so HANDsome. I want to kiss him. Let's take him home!" Hopefully her attitude will stay that way....

Action photo of Thomas being Super Uncle. 

This photo was taken about 5 minutes after Finley was born. Happy April Fools Day to US!

And on a side note, poor Thomas was having major problems with his contacts right before we drove to Keri's and could hardly see a thing. He finally bought glasses and I think he looks pretty fine in them if I do say so myself. 

4 comments:

  1. lookin' good in the glasses, TA!

    glad your bday was special, marge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge! I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday on the 1st! So special we share the same day...I think about you every year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Big's glasses make him look smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I just see this? I'm a little busy I guess....Thanks for being there Marge! You are a birthing pro:)

    ReplyDelete