BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fun with visitors

Thomas' parent's just left after a 3 day visit, and we were able to have a few wonderful taste bud experiences. We began with Ina Garten's Parmesan Chicken that my old friend LB shared on her blog recently. It is my favorite chicken parmesan recipe to date and is simply divine served over the greens. We also had a local chowder that we bought at our new favorite Sunday tradition, the farmers market at Attleboro Farms.  WE LOVE LOCAL FOOD!

The next night our dear friends from church took us to Bristol, RI (a totally cute town) and we had incredible seafood from Quito's.  I forgot my camera so I did what I could to capture the moment with my phone:

The fish and chips there were so good and only lightly fried, not heavily breaded. But Thomas' meal was probably the best--it was just simple grilled shrimp and scallops with garlic smashed potatoes! Their coleslaw was also another highlight. And the sweet potato fries. And my mother-in-law's seafood casserole made with an ample amount of sherry.

Ok, so everything was good.

Then we had wonderful Italian last night at Rino's in East Boston. This is the same place that was closed the last time we tried to go and Thomas nearly had cardiac arrest+panic attack+ hyperventilated +temper tantrum. Anyway, we called ahead to make sure it was open and it was so delicious! We'll definitely be returning for their home made pasta and friendly atmosphere. And once again, I forgot my camera so I didn't get to capture much of the Austin's visit! But alas, it must live on in our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment