BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Glory, Hallelujah

Brimfield Antique Market was epic. The people-watching was phenomenal, the furniture was every bit what I'd hoped for, and there were plenty of other oddities thrown into the mix as well. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Thomas begged me to buy this cheetah to put over our bed. Kidding. We'd have major nightmares. 

This reminded me of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story. Hideous+awesome. 

I wanted to bring home half of what I saw, but have learned that less is more. I'm embracing it and learning to just appreciate pieces that I love. 

There were lots of Barbie Dolls and postcards being sold. Collectors items? Hmmm. Bedbugs? Definitely. 

These were...interesting?

The flea market went on and on and on and on down a stretch of road. Truly epic. A few times I almost started hyperventilating because there was no way we'd ever see everything there was to see. 

Side story: Thomas spotted BT's Smokehouse on the way to the market. Our conversation went a little like this:

T: Look! It says "southern style BBQ." We're stopping on the way back. 
M: I don't think BBQ that is sold next to a convenience store will be any good. That's gross and I don't want any. I want real BBQ. 
T: (rolling window down) do you SMELL THAT? That is real. Look at those smokers. I don't care if it is sold next to a convenience store. I know real BBQ when I see it. 
M: fine, but prepare yourself to be disappointed. 

Well, there are a few times when I can admit when I'm wrong, and today will be marked on the calendar. I was horribly, miserably, terribly wrong. BT's Southern Style BBQ was some of the best BBQ we have EVER  had. I might be wrong sometimes, but I cannot tell a lie. The meat simply fell off of the bone and and the sides were to die for. The homemade macaroni and cheese (made with orecchiette pasta!), potato salad and slaw were all gourmet versions and put Southerners to shame. We left incredibly pleased, and so full we've skipped supper altogether. 

And I cannot forsake my one purchase from the flea market. I am smitten with our new table! Thomas haggled with the seller and we ended up walking away with this beauty for a mere $165. I know it is an awesome deal because I've been stalking old tables on craigslist for months now. It is made out of an old door and it really is all I wanted! Now, we just need to find sturdy chairs to go with it......

2 comments:

  1. Margaret,

    You can find good solid wood chairs to match and stain to look aged at The Mill Stores. There is one in Cobbs Corner, Canton.

    Suzanne Gervais

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE TABLE MARGE!!! Why can't we live closer?? We could have long heart to hearts like the old days. :(

    ReplyDelete