BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 23, 2011

This past weekend I ran a half marathon with my sweet friend Melissa. It was her first time running one and she did an awesome job! I, on the other hand, struggled through most of it and really needed her encouragement because my feet were hurting so badly and I couldn't figure out WHY. At mile 7, our marathoner friend Liz jumped onto the course (it was a very small race) and ran the rest of the way with us. I told Liz about my hurting feet, and she looked down and noticed some mysterious blood on my shoes. We found out later it was just from a few blisters and looked way worse than it actually was. However, Thomas was really excited that I ran a race with blood on my shoes, and he insisted that if I didn't post the photo he would. So, for your viewing pleasure......

Melissa and I pre-race. 

Appetizing, eh?

And on a side note, I saw in this week's circular that chicken breasts are $1.99/lb. We always buy when it is on sale and re-package the breasts into freezer portions. I texted Thomas and asked him to stop by the store. My text read: "buy a lot of chicken because who knows when it will go on sale again." My husband returned home with SIX family packs of breasts. 

I'd say our freezer is stocked for awhile. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed by the bloody shoe shot - gives you some street cred! And might I add that I love how some things don't change... the photo of the chicken makes me feel like I'm back in college... if only :-)

    ReplyDelete