BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 6, 2010

Stop #1, Litchfield

Our first stop on our 40 day travel extravaganza was Litchfield Beach, SC. My grandparents have been taking folks there for more than 50 years and we continue to be blessed by "Beach Week." It is a time full of food, crabbing, sitting on the beach, bocce ball tournaments, roadside lemonade stands, and ends with Skit Night and a bonfire on the beach.

Thomas and I did a skit that went like this:


Those are Thomas' hands and my body. I'm sure you've seen this skit before. We tweaked it and did a "day in the life of Thomas" version that included taking lots of JuicePlus, fish oil, and drinking from a gallon jug of water. The unplanned part of this skit was Thomas dumping most of the gallon of water on me (on purpose!) and in my frantic attempt to get away from the onslaught of water, we both fell over and broke the chair we were sharing. In front of 50+ people. Par for the course.

Every member of my mom's extended family was actually there for most of the week. Here is a chaotic photo of our fun group:
We had a wonderful week! Wish I could do this all day, every day:
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment