BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 9, 2010

Stop #3, 4, and 5

From Georgia we traveled back to Clemson for a few days and stayed with friends for a few days to gear up for our big trip North. That included unpacking and re-packing the car and more than one argument as it seemed like every time we opened the tailgate E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. fell out! You can imagine the comedy we presented to onlookers. I won't bore you with the details of all of our stops along the way so I will highlight some things with a few of my favorite pictures.


This house sits on its own island in an area called Thousand Islands in upstate NY/Canada. We got to go on a ferry tour of some of the islands with Thomas' sister and parents. It was such an interesting place!
This is a typical photo of Thomas wanting to hold (sweaty) hands in these throne chairs at Boldt Castle in the Thousand Islands. Maybe you can't tell, but I HATE to hold sweaty hands.
Thomas with our sweet niece, Skylar, at the local farmers market near his sister's house. Skylar is a blast to be with and such a sweet girl! She lovingly calls me "Mar-Mar" and I'm still not sure how I feel about my nickname...
This photo was of the trendy decor at Painters Restaurant in Cornwall, NY near Thomas' parent's house in West Point. I remember eating here when my brother attended West Point and it was fun to go again with Thomas! The food was just as good (if not better) than I remembered it. His parents also took us to Fiddlestix for breakfast which was also a phenomenal place to eat! We had a great time in Watertown and West Point and seeing a bit more of what his parents do in their ministry to cadets at West Point.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the Blog! Keep it up Mar Mar I need something to read when I'm in class!

    ReplyDelete