BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boston in the Fall

We finally got to go into Boston on Saturday, and we loved it! We didn't really plan our trip except we knew that we wanted to park near Mike's Pastry, which we'd heard was a "must." And yes, we did allow our entire day to revolve around a pastry shop. So, we parked on the North End (Italian District) and just wandered around on that end of town and found a great place for lunch . Our hostess was from Greenville, so that was really fun to meet/hear another voice from the south. We brought along our GPS and walked to Boston Commons in order to burn off our lunch full of carbs. We found an adorable market along the way with amazing prices on produce. It was hard to refrain from buying anything!




After I tore Thomas away from begging me to buy a whole goat, we pressed on to Boston Commons and all of the historical landmarks nearby. Thomas is quite the patriot and loves anything that has to do with our forefathers. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for America too, but my thankfulness is nothing compared to his passion. He wanted his picture taken with every marker we saw:


Yes, Thomas is wearing shorts. And yes he quoted the poem about Paul Revere. And yes, all I cared about having my picture taken with was the Make Way for Ducklings statue. If you have children, I urge you to buy a copy of Robert McCloskey's book about Boston for children. It is one of my favorites from my childhood. 


And don't you worry, we then headed back to Mike's Pastry and stood in line for 20 minutes in order to get a chocolate whoopie pie (not the greatest thing I've ever had), a red velvet whoopie pie, a cannoli and a p-nut butter brownie. The cannoli was unbelievable and as Thomas says "hard to believe this has zero calories." The only picture I took was from my phone, but we'll be back soon in order to take more photos. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Hey just read that book to my class a couple weeks ago, it is a classic. I'm glad you guys had fun in Boston, but next time you have to go to Eagle's Nest Deli home of the 5 lb burger. Maybe I'll take you Thomas when I get up there.
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete