BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm BACK!

Very exciting news here at the Thomas Adam Austin V household.

A. We have a roof over our heads that is our own! Well, we are renting it. And we love it. I will post photos as soon as I go buy real curtain rods. 
B. We own a computer! After 5 years of my Clemson computer, which died a terrible death (it fell on the floor) we finally bought our own. 
C. WE HAVE INTERNET. We haven't had the Internet at our own home for 2 years and 3 months of marriage. I can now sit in the comfort of my own home on my couch and surf the web. Which leads me to my next point....
D. WE HAVE AN AWESOME COUCH! I found it at a reliable yard sale on Cape Cod with my sister's mother-in-law, who is a yard-saling queen. The lady selling it is moving to Memphis and just didn't want it anymore. She bought it for $2,000 and I took it off of her hands for a mere $150. I morphed into another person and went into yard sale bargain mode. I was making deals like a fiend! I am thankful for Mrs. Hagopian's willingness to help me find some great stuff for our apartment. 


Here we are enjoying our new couch, which spent the weekend in the Hagopian's Shoe Repair Shop since we couldn't move in until Monday. Thomas says it is the kind of couch that "makes you smile when you sit down." 

Here are my other yard sale purchases. All of this equaled $20. I was so proud of myself. And don't worry, I spray painted that awful eagle off of the black chairs, much to Thomas' dismay. He seriously wanted me to keep the eagle....what a patriot. No pun intended. 

 My brother, brother-in-law, and nephew had planned a fishing trip months ago to Cape Cod, so we got to hang out with them too! It is only an hour and 15 minutes for us to get to South Yarmouth, which is pretty exciting for us. Here are a few hilarious photos from their fishing trip:

The master fishermen....
Daniel looked just as pregnant as his wife in his waders. 

Last but not least, the guys brought our couch over on their way to the airport. I'm glad I wasn't riding with them, I would've had a heart attack. That is the cute little downtown area outside of our apartment in the background. 

More photos to come as soon as I finish putting our apartment together! 

2 comments:

  1. Loved your photos, looks like a great couch. Margaret, your bargin hunting makes you fit right in to this family. Isn't is a great feeling? Keep us posted. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its sweet that Jesse and Daniel have on matching shirts in that last photo. hehehe. Can't wait to see photos of your new place! Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete