BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home sweet {small} home!

After vacuuming up about a gallon of cat hair (the previous resident apparently had a kitty), mopping the floors, nooks and crannies with Pine-Sol, and buying real curtains for the first time in my life, I took some photos of our little abode. We love it! Thomas' allergies are especially loving it now that I got rid of as much cat hair as possible.

Dining room in the entryway. I know it is sparse, but I had to leave 95% of our belongings in South Carolina, including things to hang on the wall. 

Tiny kitchen. Emphasis on tiny. If you ever came to our duplex in Clemson and saw how small that kitchen was...this one is smaller. But I still love it!


I love that our apartment is on the top of the building and faces south. We get great light all day! You may notice there is no skirt on the bed. I can't bring myself to buy another one because I have one in storage that matches our bed spread perfectly. But alas, these are the small things I must give up. I know, I know, I have a really hard life, having to give up bed skirts and such.

And here is our happy living room! I love it with all of my heart. Even if it is just a couch, a table and a chair that is being used as a table. Again, great light in this room that makes it so bright and cheery.
And the most important room in the house {in Thomas' opinion} is the tiny bathroom. Emphasis on tiny here as well. VERY tiny.

Check out my sister's blog soon for my super duper easy pumpkin muffin recipe. My good friend Margaret Cranford introduced me to these last year and I've been waiting for fall {and a kitchen} to make them. Here is a photo to entice you:

8 comments:

  1. the light is fabulous! and so is that couch! ahh when can i visit??? xoxoxo, caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the curtains in your living room. where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh man we are the SAME!!! Our bathroom and kitchen is pretty much identical to yours. Emphasis on tiny, indeed!! :) Love you guys and SO happy y'all are together at last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if Thomas can fit his big bootie in that chair, you're telling me his legs will fit under that table. Post a picture of that! That toilet looks a little small too. You will look back and remember all this with great fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. I learned so much...like how hair is measured in gallons?...fascinating thanks.

    Joshua Austin
    Your brother-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you already have pictures on the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an adorable little apartment! So charming, it looks airy and inviting, like something out of a magazine!! Love it,love it. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a disgusting person that person was!!!

    ReplyDelete