BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chocolate Nut Bark

I just made this and had to share the recipe with you all ASAP! I don't know if I can control myself around this stuff. But hey, dark chocolate {antioxidants} plus nuts{good fats} equals healthy, right?


Okay, so this is just about as easy as it gets, but it looks impressive if you ask me. You could easily make this and put it into clear baggies with a red ribbon and wah-lah, great Christmas gift!

I got the recipe from Real Simple but I tweaked it a little bit:

12 oz chopped dark chocolate, I used 70% dark but you really could just chop any chocolate you like
2 1/2 c mixed nuts, I used peanuts, almonds, and soy nuts because that is what I had on hand
1 tsp. sea salt {recipe didn't call for this but I like the salty/sweet mixture}

1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over {but not in} a pot of simmering water. Or if you have a double-boiler, use that. 
2. Line parchment paper or aluminum foil over a cookie sheet. Pour melted chocolate evenly over the sheet. Sprinkle with nuts, gently pressing the nuts into the chocolate with the back of a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle evenly with salt. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 30 minutes. 
3. Break into pieces and wrap up immediately before you eat it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment