BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Love!

Three years ago on Valentines Day, Thomas proposed to me at sunset in Clemson. I said...........

YES. (duh)

I said yes after I hit him on the side of the head a couple of times saying "are you serious?! are you serious? are you serious?!"


Thomas had prepared a sweet little dinner at my friend Maggie's apartment. There we are blissfully enjoying ourselves. I especially like those bacon bits in the baggie on the table. Nice touch, eh?

Anyway, back to the point. I'm really, really thankful that he asked me that question three years ago, and that I said yes. We were talking today about how in some ways it seems like yesterday, but in some ways it seems forever ago because we've grown so much and so many things have happened in that time span. But oh, what a glorious adventure it is proving to be. We are thankful that "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!" (Ephesians 5:17) I'll leave you with these wonderful scripture-based words from Chris Tomlin's song "Our God is Greater" that has turned into one of our favorite songs as a couple.

And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God… 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, you two! And Happy Engagement Anniversay x 3! So thankful for you both! XO

    ReplyDelete