BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thomas in a wheelchair

Yesterday, we had a big outing to Costco together. It was Thomas' second outing since his surgery. He went to church with me on Sunday but slept through half of the service because his painkillers were knocking him out--I was terrified he was going to start snoring! He dropped his bible 3 times in his sleep and the kids around us thought it was absolutely hysterical.

Anyway, back to Costco. This is the way our conversation went:

Me: Thomas, I'm going to go to Costco today. I've been thinking about it and I think you'd really enjoy going with me. You can ride in the hover-round and eat samples.

Thomas: Yeah, I've already decided I want to go with you. I think it will be good for me to get out, and I'll have fun in the hover-round.

Me (dying laughing in stitches on the couch): Thomas, listen to us. We sound like 90 year olds! Planning our big trip to Costco and using hover-rounds.

So, off we went to Costco. It takes us about 20 minutes to leave the apartment because I have to gather up his pillows, crutches, bottle of water, crackers in case of nausea and pull the car around to the back of the building where the elevator is. Alas, when we arrived at Costco, ALL OF THE HOVER-ROUNDS WERE TAKEN! Thomas stood there looking at the lady working at the front like she'd gone insane. She said "you could use this one right here, but it is broken and um, I don't think it'll carry you." So, we had to revert to the wheelchair. Once Thomas realized the wheelchair is a good arm workout, he got moving and couldn't be stopped. He wheeled himself from sample table to sample table like a race car driver, and old women were jumping to get out of his way.


And just as we were leaving, we saw a very large lady using one of the aforementioned hover-rounds. She had about 45 rolls of toilet paper and 6 packs of Dixie cups in her cart. Thomas was infuriated that the hover-round was being used for such purposes and he even considered ousting her with his crutches. He didn't. 

2 comments: