BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I wish I could say "I'm going for a run"

Alas, I won't be jetting down the street for an outdoor run for some weeks yet. I'm s.i.c.k. of the treadmill, elliptical and any other indoor exercises, so yesterday I got desperate and bought a pair of snowshoes off of ebay for $40. Meanwhile, the weather in South Carolina is a balmy 70 degrees. This is the first time that I've really missed home and wanted to get away from the snow and 9 degree night time temperature. And poor Thomas can't even get off the couch, much less go for any type of run! He is still trucking along in his recovery and being a good sport about being confined to a life of reading, watching TV, and sleeping. 

Piles of snow everywhere you look....while driving you have to inch out slowly before turning because you simply can't see around the snow:

 Here I am up to my knees in snow, and I wasn't even standing on the ground. There were probably 5 inches of snow packed between my boots and the ground.

This is why I can't go for a run on the sidewalks, and I don't want to be THAT annoying runner who practically runs down the middle of the asphalt:

I don't think anyone will be inhabiting these Adirondacks in front of our apartment for quite some time!

The bricks outside of the entryway to our temporary apartment are frozen under a sheet of ice:


No comments:

Post a Comment