BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 24, 2011

Thomas may or may not have said......

Thomas may or may not have said the following things while under anesthesia:

-in the pre-op room as I was walking away "hey aren't you going to kiss me? I might die in surgery!" I said "no Thomas, there are way too many people in here watching." All 8 nurses, doctors and trainers giggled, while Thomas continued to attempt kissing. In front of all of them.
-in the post-op room he asked for MORE kissing. Once again, there was an audience. Once again, I resisted, and he reminded me that he COULD HAVE died in surgery.
-he asked for ice cream to make his medicine go down easier
-he told me to ask the Dr to pull up his pants legs so I could see how big his calves were. What the??????
**side note, the Dr did in fact get in a 3 point stance in the waiting room to demonstrate for me what a better football player Thomas will be**
-Thomas said "I am so glad I had that surgery, I can already tell I am better. I feel so great."
-he rolled down his window on the ride home since he felt nauseated. Did I mention it was 4 degrees outside?

I am spending most of my time in a panic in case he all the sudden wobbles or falls. WHAT would I do if he fell?

In other news, surgery went well and he'll only be in a hard cast for TWO weeks instead of the original four. That means he can start rehab sooner, which is great because I can only imagine what I'd be dealing with if he were restricted to the couch for 4 weeks. He is already talking about lifting weights while he sits here.

And don't worry, I'll keep taking notes on the crazy things he says.

2 comments:

  1. If he falls, you're in BIG trouble! NOBODY could lift him up! Give him kisses to help the medicine go down....no calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i just died laughing at the quotes... so priceless! glad TA is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete