BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 3, 2011

Dan and Cathy

My parents got to come up for a 4 day visit and we had such a fun time showing them all around New England. We packed a lot in their trip and have plenty of photos to prove it. I have a hilarious amount of photos in which my father is not smiling, and then a picture right after that before which we all said "SMILE like you mean it." He is a hoot. We took them to our new favorite city of Newport, RI so that they could see the mansions and enjoy the Cliff Walk. They didn't let us down and enjoyed every single minute of our time there. 

 {Yes, Thomas wore shorts on January 1. Yes, he is crazy.}
 We all loved touring The Elms, and my dad even got in trouble for opening a historical drawer in the house. My mom especially enjoyed listening to the house tour on her very own headset and did not break ANY rules.


 We had a fabulous dinner at The Clarke Cooke House by a roaring fire. We will be going back again for the best clam chowder I've ever had. Seriously.
We also got to watch the Patriot's wallop the Dolphin's yesterday, and my parents enjoyed the people watching that is inevitable at any Pat's game. People here wear/own jerseys like I've never seen before. And let's just say folks use language to cheer for their team that we don't exactly use {as frequently} at a Clemson game.


Lord willing they can come again next year and we'll have a place that is larger than 700 square feet and more than one bedroom and tiny bathroom. But regardless of the tight squeeze, we had a wonderful time!

3 comments:

  1. Lord Willing you will still be in New England!!! I'm already praying :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a wonderful time!So thankful we could be a part of your life for those days!love, mama and daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Wish I could have been with you and Dan and Cathy!!
    SK

    ReplyDelete