BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Brother Josh comes to visit

Thomas' brother Josh just left after a little 5 day visit, and if I say so myself, we gave him a pretty good taste of New England. Here, let me take you on a photo tour...

Thomas and Josh went camping in Maine for two nights. You can read about their adventures here at Josh's new blog. Check it out and become a follower of his blog as he begins the next chapter of his life! Their trip in his words is much more entertaining than what I would say here. 


They came home wearing the same clothes they left in, and Thomas' hair was literally standing on end because it was so dirty. And they were drinking out of this 2 liter Orange Crush bottle the entire time. Cheri, don't worry, I know you raised them better than this!

After the boys got home we fixed this amazing corn/pesto pizza with a mixed green and fruit salad--I threw fresh kale into the salad and it was quite delightful. Thanks for the idea Whole Foods! We also had sangria and Woodchuck Hard Cider from Vermont. It was the perfect summer meal. 

After church the next day we had brunch at Nick's on Broadway in Providence. Although we had a long wait for our meal, it was totally worth it for the fresh, local ingredients and oh-so-tasty too.  We later decided it would be a good idea to burn off our calories on a hike in the local state park. I realized on that hike that it was providential that I had to work during their camping trip and couldn't tag along. They were knocking trees down, running through poison ivy, kicking each other and bleeding by the end of what was supposed to be a leisurely hike. While I am thankful that Thomas and Josh can still love each other as only brothers can, it makes me NERVOUS. 

We also got to attend our first Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Thankfully the Sox won 14-5 so the fans weren't too rowdy, but we got a great taste of Fenway and really enjoyed ourselves. We are so thankful we got to spend this time with Josh before he jets off to Asia to serve the Lord there for 6 months! Please pray for his time there, that he would be faithful to our sweet Savior and build some great relationships along the way. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Marge! I like the picture story-telling... makes me feel like I'm there with y'all. xo!

    ReplyDelete