BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wedding Experts

We are now officially in the process of becoming wedding experts. Connoisseurs, if you will. We aren't going to be able to go to all ten that we were invited to down south this summer, but we were excited to get to attend Ben and Stella's this past weekend. Thomas was the best man and it was so much fun to see many of our college friends. We even got to crash with my brother and his family each night. I took a few fun pictures, and I'm so glad that I truly captured just how hot it was at the reception. I saw a thermometer that read 81 degrees in the building, but the thermostat was set on 65. It was incredibly hot on the dance floor and I'm fairly sure that Thomas lost about 5 pounds just from dancing and sweating. Nevertheless, we had so much fun and I'm thankful that Thomas has turned over a new leaf and dances with me at receptions.

With my dear friend Sandy who hosted us for one night of our trip and was a home away from home throughout our college years. 

Thomas and Mike displaying just how hot it actually was. I know this picture isn't very flattering of either one of them, but I just had to do it. 

Thomas with some of his former teammates and fajita night faithfuls. We miss these boys!

Myself and a few of my dear friends from college. 

Ever since our wedding when the groomsmen chased our getaway car down the driveway, it has become a standing tradition to chase the bride and groom away from the reception. It is a slightly terrifying thing to behold, I speak from experience. 

On Sunday morning Thomas went upstairs to help my niece and nephews get ready for church. This is what I found a few minutes later. Love the Mickey Mouse ears. 

As we were having lunch on Sunday these three trooped down the stairs dressed in an array of outfits. They proceeded to change clothes multiple times, and even came down dressed as a flag pole at one point.

While we had a blast seeing everyone, we were thankful to come back to the cooler temperatures in New England. I forgot how H-U-M-I-D it is down south, and I was relieved to walk off of the plane and feel the 60 degree weather! What is happening to me? Am I starting to love New England? Nah, I just remembered the snow and shuddered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment