BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Salads You'll Love

I've been making a ridiculous amount of salads lately and these two are my current favorites. I recently went through some old Cooking Light magazines and remembered wanting to try these recipes. The good news is, you can make both of them with the same general ingredients. I've been taking them to school for lunch and I look forward to lunch every day!

1. Edamame Succotash  is just as good without the bacon, and I used frozen corn kernels. I'm pretty sure I ate the entire recipe in 2 meals. And you could substitute the edamame with lima beans if you live near The Bush-n-Vine.  Too bad I'm thousands of miles away and most local fruits and veggies aren't available here yet.

2. Golden Corn Salad with Fresh Basil doesn't have to be made with the Finnish potatoes, but it is fun to use those itty bitty potatoes. Shake things up a bit, ya know? This salad is best if you make it ahead of time and let it marinate in the fridge overnight. I ate it on top of fresh greens and it was divine.

That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment