BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 23, 2011

What we do

Although it may appear via our blog that all we do is host fun guests and do awesome New England things, we do have a life during the week! I can't post much about my job for the sake of the kids I work with, but I absolutely LOVE working with the children and teachers at the League School. My days are never dull and I'm always entertained. The folks there are just so good to me and have been so incredibly welcoming. I am thankful!

 At the end of April I invited Thomas and a few of the other Patriot's players to visit the school, and it was such a special time. Thomas, Logan Mankins, Sammy Morris and Sebastian Vollmer all impressed my co-workers with how patient and loving they were with the autistic population and the kids were absolutely in love with them. It is always humbling to be reminded of why we do what we do in the NFL and what a platform it can be.

Thomas spends about 7 hours a day working on his job aka his body. He goes to the gym in the morning with a few other linemen for about 3 hours, then heads to the local hospital for another few hours of rehab for his ankle. He has worked so hard this off season and been really persistent. I am really thankful for what a hard worker I married.

While Thomas does work out a LOT, he also does the majority of chores around our house since I'm gone most of the day. I leave him lots of "honey-do" lists, which he just loves. He's become quite efficient with laundry, dishes and food prep. And going to the grocery store. He still needs some schooling on proper vacuuming techniques, but looks like hopefully the lockout will be over before he can master that.  Yesterday I was telling my co-workers about the list I left him, and they made a social story for him. (We use social stories for our kids throughout the day. It is basically photos that prepare them for what their day will consist of.) I'll leave you with this picture for a good laugh.

1 comment: