BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make. Last night, we went to a Taylor Swift concert. And by "we" I mean that Thomas came along too. 

Now, let me explain. Our favorite band in the whole wide world is Needtobreathe. If you don't know about 'em, learn about 'em. We've been to 6 of their concerts. They're from South Carolina, and they are incredible. Anyway, back to the story. Needtobreathe is now the opening band for Taylor Swift on her world tour. That's a pretty big deal for a South Carolina band! So, they were scheduled to come to the Patriot's stadium in Foxboro this past weekend. I nearly forgot that they were coming until I saw the set-up crew at the stadium on Friday. I all of the sudden thought "oh my goodness, Needtobreathe is going to be playing live 5 minutes from our house and WE AREN'T GOING TO HEAR IT." So, I called my friend Kara and asked if she was planning to go hear Taylor Swift with her Taylor Swift-loving 4th grade daughter. Kara said "as a matter of fact, I'm buying tickets now. Want to come with us?" I did what any loving wife would do and said "let me check with my husband." I called and coaxed Husband into going. I said, "worst case scenario, you can leave and Kara will give me a ride home." He said "I refuse to like Taylor Swift, I cannot subject myself to this madness. But I will go only to hear Needtobreathe." So, that is how it came to be that we attended a Taylor Swift concert. 

We cheered loudly for Needtobreathe and thoroughly enjoyed the songs that they played. Then, the teenie boppers started screaming for Taylor Swift. And when I say screaming, I mean louder than it has ever been at any Patriot's game that I've ever attended. Thomas got a horrified look on his face and said "this is sad" over and over again. I, on the other hand, morphed into another person. I suddenly realized  I knew the words to more Taylor Swift songs than I care to admit. At one point I realized that Thomas was gone. He'd relocated himself to the television near the concession area to watch a baseball game. But Kara, K and I stood and sang Taylor Swift at the top of our lungs with 2039520398458 other teenie boppers. And it was fun. We even stuck it out through a torrential downpour at the end of the show. Don't judge me. I'm telling myself that it was all so my 4th grade friend would have fun. But deep in my heart, I know the truth. Taylor Swift isn't so bad after all. 

Thomas really wanted to buy a t-shirt, but I would't let him...

Although Needtobreathe couldn't unplug all of the microphones/equipment for the last song like they normally do, they did the next best thing and shut down everything except the microphone. It gives me the chills every.single.time. 




No, Kara and I are not pregnant. Those were just purses and sweaters underneath our shirts. 

Go Tswift. Rock on. 

1 comment:

  1. i'm impressed by your confession but not surprised. those songs are catchy! xoxoc

    ReplyDelete