BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Mama, Baby Daddy

Let's get straight to the point here folks, we're having a baby! 


We found out a little over a month ago, and i'm currently 9 weeks along. I actually found out while I was in the hospital with Stacia and baby Gia. I immediately drove to the Patriot's facility to tell Thomas in person, who thankfully was having a bad day and bought the story Stacia and I made up about needing to get something out of Danny's car. Thomas was, of course, elated and went back into the facility and told about 15 people, including the entire offensive line. I forgave him, but told him there is a reason he isn't in the CIA or FBI.

We waited another 2 weeks to tell our family so that we could tell Thomas' parents and my siblings in person since they were all coming to the area within a few days of one another. At that point, I was 7 weeks along and feeling great. The day Thomas found out he got picked up by Houston, I began throwing up. Coincidence? Maybe, but it started and it started with a vengeance. I began to panic about how in the world I was going to fly back and forth from Houston/Boston, pack everything up, and make first impressions in Houston all while running to the bathroom every few minutes to lose my lunch. Thankfully, a friend of mine who happens to be a healthcare professional gave me some Zofran, and it has solved all of my problems. (If you are one of the people who would like to inform me that Zofran is bad for me/my baby, please, do your research first and ask a doctor. Because it is completely, 100% fine. And get a life and stop sharing your opinions with me.)

Anyway, the Zofran got me through 3 long plane flights and 3 long days of packing up our apartment (with the help of some amazing friends back in Massachusetts!) I still don't feel great, but at least I'm able to function. We finally got to go to the doctor yesterday and see our baby on an ultrasound! I had an appointment in New England at 7 weeks, but had to cancel it when our life got turned upside down. Thomas was able to go with me yesterday in Houston, and we love our OB. She is so fun and young and has four kids of her own, and we're thrilled about her. However, she may not be so thrilled about Thomas attending appointments with me as he asked about a million questions regarding me taking fish oil, Vitamin B, purified water, my heart rate....basically, I don't know if he is allowed to come to anymore appointments because he is going to make me follow all of the rules!

We are so thrilled and thankful that our baby is healthy at this point and due April 22. And no, we will not be finding out whether it is a boy or a girl. So put on your patience pants and wait with us!

13 comments:

  1. i think you should add a voting option to the blog where we can decide if we think it's a girl or a boy... i need a distraction while i patiently wait for April 22 :) LOVE YOU BOTH and am so excited for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zofran was my BEST FRIEND in all three pregnancies. I HIGHLY recommend it! We are so thrilled for you guys! And yay for not finding out! It is fun waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! love you! love Thomas! love the littlest bean! so happy for you all. Greg and I have always said to each other that you two will be the BEST parents. I am so excited!
    ps-I took my prenatal vitamin right before bed and that helped a TON with the vomiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting Margaret! Congrats :) I can't wait to read all of your updates as your pregnancy progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness and Congrats to you both! What exciting news. I'm so happy for you and glad you have the Zofran to make it over the humps. It'll be fun to keep up w/your progress as the Hawkins are walking down this path as well. They are due early April. What a great time of year to begin new chapters in our lives. Love and blessings, Mama Ram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! Someone told me and I rushed right over to your blog!--Bree

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you guys!!! Saw your post on facebook and just smiled right away! Zofran was the only way I made it through both of my pregnancies. If it had been illegal or something I seriously think I would've been arrested for buying it off the black market. ;) Get as much as you can so when you have a stomach virus in the future you'll be set. :) haha! Congrats to you both! That is so exciting!

    Amy Z Smith

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! SO excited to read the story on your blog... thrilled for you and Thomas - y'all will be such great parents! We are only 3 weeks apart so it will be fun to share stories. Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH. my gosh!!!! Congratulations, Tom and Marge!!! Y'all are going to be fantastic parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came across this by accident while reading Josh Facebook post. It's been a long day and this just made it a great day. Always love to hear how an "Austin" is dealing with what God puts in front of them. If you can't find a Bible then find an Austin. Congratulations, Scott, Sharon, Blake and Mary Scott. GO TIGERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! We are really excited for ya'll! Zofran was my good friend too :O)

    ReplyDelete