BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Furnished apartment, so stylish

The good news is, we found a furnished apartment in Houston for a reasonable price. The bad news is, I am having heart palpitations over the horrendous decor. Yet, it is clean, and close to Thomas' work, and we can break our lease at any point. And don't you worry, it is gated and looks like Malibu from the front of the apartment complex. 

I am currently in Foxboro surrounded by a million boxes and our apartment looks like a tornado zone. I made baked sweet potato fries and edamame for dinner, because that's all I could scrounge up. And I'm posting this so that I can procrastinate on packing a little longer. Our POD arrives Friday and it feels like a nightmare that I am putting my belongings into storage for the third time in a little more than a year. But don't worry.... I plan to pack my food processor, lemon juicer, a good knife, and maybe a crock pot if I can find the room amongst our clothes.  I'm holding back tears that my KitchenAid just won't fit in a suitcase. 
Black silk bedspread will be finding a new home on the floor of the closet as soon as I return to Houston with my white Target fake down comforter. Maybe the crock pot will fit in the down comforter!
Hideous shower curtain will also be replaced.
We could take up residence in the bathroom/closet. I am pretty sure it is larger than our current apartment.
African figurines are everywhere in the apartment. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against African figurines, but this is just overkill.

Just look at that brown, black and beige rug. If you know me well, you know this rug is already giving me nightmares. And don't mind Thomas chatting on the phone. He wouldn't get up so that I could document.
Oh, that suede and leather just makes my heart go pitter patter. Again, if you know me, you know that I am cringing. BUT, the couch is comfortable. I can admit that. I would say "come visit us in Houston!" However, you'd be sleeping on that suede and leather beauty. I doubt you want to do that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some awful decor...you have magic decorating ability though,I am sure you will manage to make it homey in no time! Love you and miss you guys. I might be your first visitor...I am just a quick plane ride away =)
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, master bathrooms out west are pretty huge in the newer houses/apartments, my grandma's bathroom was bigger than my bedroom which is ridiculous if you ask me. I cannot wait to see the magic you work with decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew that "furnished" included knick-knacks and decorative(?)pillows...! You'll transform it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.I’m hoping you write once more very soon!..furnished apartments toronto

    ReplyDelete